Stay informed and up to date with the latest information by joining NUSACC's mailing list.
The National U.S. - Arab Chamber of Commerce (NUSACC), in partnership with SWIFTDOX®, is launching a digital end-to-end solution to support commercial certification ( تصديقات ) and legalization. This is the only platform of its kind in the United States. As such, it promises to streamline U.S. - Arab trade, while eliminating logistical headaches for exporters, brokers, intermediaries, and other service-providers.
Benefits to Companies, Governments, and Consumers
Traders, governments, and Arab consumers benefit from this solution. An automated system cuts certification processing time significantly, which means imports and exports will come and go more quickly than ever before. Documents are processed digitally – typically within 24 to 48 hours – from anywhere in the world. This highly secure, remote solution will save substantial time and money, while eliminating the hassles of traffic, parking, and the potential of misplaced documents.
This new platform is automated, so it requires fewer workers and reduces the chances of human error. Moreover, this blockchain-based technology has the potential to be used for other applications besides shipping & logistics, which puts NUSACC’s partners at the “front of the line” for innovative, emerging technology solutions.
In general terms, this digital solution offers the following “top ten” benefits:
1. An efficient workflow leads to improved productivity and swift results, thereby saving time and money.
2. The system provides 24/7 access to all pre-authorized locations for processing and certifying documents. This ensures that work can be done anywhere, anytime, regardless of weekends or differences in time zones.
3. The solution puts checks and balances in place to ensure that only authorized personnel from authorized locations can access and process documents. All activities are logged, leaving a clear audit trail and timeline for each application until it is approved or declined.
4. Payments are processed on approval and then deposited using a dedicated payment gateway (like a debit card). Funds will typically be deposited by the payment gateway into a bank account within 48 hours. All payments will be connected to individual transactions, enabling transparent audits and account reconciliations. A detailed report of transactions and payments submitted will be available on a weekly basis, and this report will remain available on the portal for at least five years.
5. The certifier – an Arab Embassy or Consulate – will possess a unique digital signature that is like an electronic signature and digital ID rolled into one. A digital signature represents the most efficient way to sign critical documents in an efficient and transparent manner, using unique identities and timestamps that allow documents to be verified. All documents are digitally signed using authorized third-party service providers like DocuSign® or GlobalSign®. The certifier will create a unique account, thereby establishing a “backup system” that tallies the documents reported and correlates them to the documents signed and funds received by the Arab Embassy or Consulate.
6. Blockchain implementation offers an unprecedented level of security and trust. All data and certificates will be registered in the blockchain system, thereby guaranteeing accuracy and integrity. Blockchain-based cryptography prevents the content of any certificate from being changed after it has been issued, and this can be verified with the click of a mouse or a tap on a smartphone.
7. A verification portal will allow clients to use QR codes or URLs to verify the authenticity of certificates being issued by the National U.S. – Arab Chamber of Commerce. This instant verification by end users will expedite the processing of U.S. exports and help to prevent fraud. With such streamlining, including pre-clearance of containers destined for Arab ports, delivery to the MENA region promises to be faster than it is today.
8. Interpreting data through various metrics, reports, and visual charts will help certifiers (Arab governments) to track current stakeholders and to help chart future policies.
9. Training staff members is easy because the system is user-friendly. This intuitive approach means that multiple staff members may be trained at once and that there should be no mistakes committed.
10. Data storage is simplified. All documents will be retained in a digital format in a document vault for a prescribed period of time (consistent with U.S. laws and Arab laws). This allows rapid access for all archived documents and eliminates the need to rent space in traditional storage facilities.
Should you need any support, please feel free to contact Swiftdox customer service at email@example.com or by phone at +1 (202) 961-5044.
Additional Benefits to U.S. Exporters
Traders and brokers will gain from these 10 benefits (above), but there are additional features about this digital end-to-end solution that will be of special interest to U.S. exporters.
Processing is conducted online, in real-time, thereby minimizing any bureaucratic delays. In practical terms, this means that American and Arab businesses will be able to meet their regulatory requirements in an expedited fashion and ship their goods more quickly than in the past. This results in significant cost savings for traders and strengthened commercial partnerships between the USA and Arab countries.
This new platform also brings predictability to the process. The biggest issue in document certification/legalization/attestation is unforeseen challenges that can lead to delays and unanticipated costs for importers and exporters. Digital solutions cannot influence Acts of God, of course, but they will help to minimize annoying and costly delays like payment issues or documents getting lost in the mail. Because the NUSACC / SWIFTDOX® system provides a digital solution, any such challenges are resolved quickly.
Brokers and intermediaries who use the NUSACC / SWIFTDOX® platform will be strategically positioned to attract new clients, win back former clients, and generate additional business leads. As U.S. exporters learn about the array of services provided by NUSACC and SWIFTDOX®, those exporters will be on the lookout for NUSACC-approved brokers and intermediaries to manage paperwork and deal flow for their clients.
SWIFTDOX®, a U.S.- based company, is an industry leader in digital export document solutions. This platform is used by major American companies and chambers of commerce, and the platform has been validated by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). SWIFTDOX® employs a cutting-edge blockchain solution that has earned the confidence of major American stakeholders, including NUSACC.
For more information about NUSACC's digital certificates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +1 (202) 289-5920.