Legal Documents include:
- Power of Attorney
- Trade Marks
- Free Sale Certificate
- Articles of Incorporation or By Laws
- Agency Agreement
- Sole Distributorship
- Translations of Certain Agreements into Arabic
- Real Estate and Property Documents
- Employment Letters with Arab Companies or Affiliates - Resumes
- Bid or Tender Letters
- Registration of Corporations, Partnerships, or Joint Ventures
- Any Other Documents of Legal Nature
Certification Requirments: A copy of each original document must be included for the Chamber files. Since the Chamber copy will not be certified, a fee will not be charged for that copy. Please separate the Chamber copies from the original documents to be certified, attach the check to the copy, and then mark them "Chamber Copies."
- All legal documents must be notarized by a notary public and attested to by the County clerk where the notary is commissioned.
- All legal documents must be authenticated by the Secretary of the State in which the document is executed.
- All legal documents must be authenticated by the State Department in Washington, D.C. (202-647-5002)
- Certification fee for any commercial or legal documents (or copies of commercial or legal documents) is $35.00 per document. The Chamber accepts company checks or money orders only. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. Checks should be made payable to the National U.S.-Arab Chamber of Commerce. If paying by money order or cashiers check, please include your company name, address, and telephone number on the check. Kindly ensure that the correct amount is enclosed with your documents to avoid delays.
- Embassy fees and charges vary by Embassy. Please contact the appropriate Embassy legalization office for current fees schedule.
The Chamber normally certifies all documents on the same day they are received, provided they are received by noon, are complete, include check for the proper amount, and include proper forwarding arrangements.