Commercial Documents include:
- Certificate of Origin
- Commercial Invoice
- Halal Certificate
- Health certificate
- Letter of Credit
Certification Requirements: A copy of each original document must be included for the Chamber files. Since the Chamber copy will not be certified, a fee will not be charged for that copy. Please separate the Chamber copies from the original documents to be certified, attach the check to the copy, and then mark them "Chamber Copies."
- All shipments require a Certificate of Origin (C/O) and a Commercial Invoice (C/I). Other required and related documents must be placed under the C/O and C/I.
- All commercial documents must be signed by an authorized person or agent of the company and notarized by a local notary public (unsigned documents will be rejected and returned). Local Chambers of Commerce certification is not required on any of these documents unless used as a notary.
- All Certificates of Origin must state the full name and address of the manufacturer in the USA (or other country with an appended declaration to C/O) on company letterhead.
- All Commercial Invoices should contain at least six-digit Harmonized System (HS) Codes (i.e. Schedule B Number) for items in that shipment.
- Certification fee for any commercial or legal documents (or copies of commercial or legal documents) is $35.00 per document. The Chamber accepts company checks or money orders only. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. Checks should be made payable to the National U.S.-Arab Chamber of Commerce. If paying by money order or cashiers check, please include your company name, address, and telephone number on the check. Kindly ensure that the correct amount is enclosed with your documents to avoid delays.
- Embassy fees and charges vary by Embassy. Please contact the appropriate Embassy legalization office for current fees schedule.
The Chamber normally certifies all documents on the same day they are received, provided they are received by noon, are complete, include check for the proper amount, and include proper forwarding arrangements.